IPL Hair Removal
How does the IPL Hair Removal process differ from electrolysis and laser hair removal?
Electrolysis is a much slower process. With electrolysis, a needle is actually inserted into each hair follicle, one at a time. Once inserted, an electric shock burns the follicle to retard growth.
- Larger areas may be treated at one time.
- It works equally well with light or dark hair and skin.
- There is less chance for scarring and pigmentation change.
- Less pain and discomfort compared to other hair removal treatments.
- Combines the speed of shaving with the lasting results promised by electrolysis.
- IPL is effective on almost any area of the body where smoother, younger-looking, hair-free skin is desired.
How many IPL Hair Removal treatments will I need?
The number of treatments you may require for optimal long-term benefits depends on the area you wish to have treated, the hair density and your hair’s growth cycle. Your hair grows in cycles and many factors influence it’s growth. Age, ethnicity, weight, hormones, diet, medication and metabolism all play a part in your hair’s location, thickness and resilience.